It begins with a free no obligation in-home or online consultation where we meet with you to discuss the needs and desires of your project.
From there, if you choose to partner with us, we will provide an estimate for the initial stage of the design based on an hourly rate. We include a predetermined cap on the hours so that there are no surprises or overruns.
Each phase moving forward will also have an estimated time schedule and design fee. You will always know where you stand.
A 50% retainer is required at the start of each phase and full payment on the completion of each phase.
We can also take the design and oversee your project from start to finish (all inclusive) or simply get you started with a solid plan (a la carte).
Developing a clear and detailed scope of work allows for accurate quotes from trades and costing of materials. We are completely transparent on every aspect of project costs and do not include hidden mark-ups. We are paid for the time we invest in your project.
OUR STEP-BY-STEP PROCESS
Step 1: No obligation, no-cost consultation, in-person or online, to:
- Review with you your project goals
- Assess existing and future functionality of the space
- Define your specific project requirements based on:
- Vision/personal taste/lifestyle
- How we best fit into the process (a la carte or all-inclusive)
- Provide a quotation of our required services
Step 2: Conceptual Design
- Presentation of design concepts based on initial consultation
- Life-like, full colour 3D rendered drawings of the finished project – a clear visual of your new space
- Scaled dimensional floor plan outlining more specific details for suppliers and trades
- Active access (online link) to drawings, product recommendations, and our shared idea books.
Step 3: Project Management
If you would like us to oversee the completion of your project from design concept through to reality:
- Detailed scope of work and plans based on original concepts
- Clear communication of any change to the scope of work (with updated drawings when required to maintain the integrity of the design) and any effect it may have on the budget
- Product advice and assistance with selection and sourcing
- Budget analysis for materials and labor which may include acquiring trade quotes on your behalf
- Liaison and coordination of contractors & trades
- Active, on-site presence for progress review and monitoring
- Ongoing communication with you and everyone involved in the project